We are committed to protecting the privacy and personal information of our employees, contractors and job applicants. This policy outlines how we collect, use, disclose and protect personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and other relevant legislation.
- Collection of Personal Information
The types of personal information we may collect from employees, contractors, and job applicants may include:
- Contact details (e.g.: name, address, email, phone number);
- Employment history and educational qualifications;
- Identification information (e.g.: date of birth, driver’s license, passport);
- Financial information (e.g.: bank account details, tax file number);
- Emergency contact information;
- Health and medical information (where necessary for WHS purposes); and
- Information necessary for conducting background checks or verifying qualifications.
We will generally collect personal information directly from the individual, but we may also collect information from third parties with the individual’s consent or as required by law.
- How we use your information
We will only use personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, or as otherwise permitted by law. The primary purposes for which we may use personal information include:
- Recruitment and selection process;
- Managing the employment relationship;
- Payroll and benefits administration;
- Performance management and employee development;
- Compliance with legal and regulatory obligations;
- Contacting employees and contractors for work-related matters;
- Workplace health and safety management; and
- Business planning and improvement.
- Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Government authorities or regulators as required by law;
- Service providers who may assist in the provision of employment-related services (e.g.: payroll, benefits administration);
- Professional advisors (e.g.: lawyers, accountants)
- Background check providers (subject to the individual’s consent)
- Emergency contacts in the event of an emergency or for health and safety purposes; and
- As otherwise required or permitted by law.
We aim to take reasonable steps to ensure that any third parties to whom we disclose personal information are also bound by obligations to protect the privacy and security of that information.
- Data security and retention
- We aim to implement reasonable and appropriate measures to protect personal information from unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. These measures may include physical, electronic and managerial safeguards to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of your personal information.
- We retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, as required by law, or as reasonably necessary for our legitimate business purposes.
- Access and correction of personal information
- Individuals have the right to access and correct their personal information held by us, subject to certain exceptions under the law.
- If you believe the information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated, please contact the Book keeper or General Manager in writing to outline the information that should be corrected.
- Requests for access to personal information should also be made in writing to the General Manager. We will respond to such requests in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
- We take privacy concerns seriously and will respond to complaints in a timely matter.